For Too’s Spirits Under High, Tuesday night usually draws crowds of students with its drink specials.
Last Tuesday was no different, until an unknown woman sprayed Mace in the main room of the High Street bar shortly after midnight, prompting many to leave while others endured the physical pain from the gas.
“A little Mace goes a long way and you know when it’s in the air,” said Scott Ellsworth, owner of Too’s, in an e-mail. “Our customers and employees had to endure coughing, watery eyes, sneezing and shortness of [breath].”
When the Mace settled, the bar had lost nearly all their clientele, ending what was otherwise a successful night.… Read more