In February 1893, a new building opened on Ohio State’s campus named Hayes Hall, after President Rutherford B. Hayes, a key supporter in OSU’s first years as a university.
Unfortunately for Hayes, he was never able to see the completed building — he passed away two weeks before it opened.
Even so, the building would later become living quarters for students from 1915-20, and back then, campus housing had a strict curfew policy.
One brisk October night, two men missed their curfew again and didn’t arrive back to their home, Hayes Hall, until about 10 p.m.
Afraid of getting in trouble, the men did not want to draw attention to… Read more