Inside the Schottenstein Center, past the terrazzo floors and up the stairway to the mezzanine, The Huntington Club can be found.This upscale concourse, for which Huntington Banc Inc. paid $5 million for the naming rights, provides a luxurious dining and drinking atmosphere during Schottenstein Center events. The club is available only to patrons who pay $45,000 to $65,000 annually for a hospitality suite, $4,000 for a personal seat license and arena donors and their guests.With the Ohio State women’s and men’s basketball seasons under way and several past concerts, including Neil Diamond and Billy Joel, some members of the club are giving rave reviews. “I enjoy the whole atmosphere here, with all the different concessions that they have, the carpeting, all the places to sit and eat – the whole deal,” said Randy Miller, a chief financial officer for a distribution company and hospitality suite ticket holder.Sue McBroom, a math teacher in Pickerington, agreed.”The spaciousness and variety is great. And you can have a beer here,” she said.During events at the arena, fans of legal age can buy their Budweiser, Coors or select Sutter Homes wines from one of the club’s 13 concession stands and four bars. But don’t try taking it to your seat. Those who buy an alcoholic beverage have to sit at one of the numerous dining areas that encircle the arena. An array of televisions, however, guarantee the fans won’t miss a basket, goal or body slam.Some concerts and events will have fewer restrictions. Alcohol will be sold throughout the arena and can be taken to all seats. The policy will vary for each event. “With a new facility, we are going take a responsible approach, and judge whether to serve beer at non-scholastic sporting events, case-by-case,” said Leslie Lane, director of marketing.Alcohol, however, will always be available in The Huntington Club.The arena features four bars, one in each corner, complete with bartenders and televisions. At halftime in the men’s basketball debut against the World Wide All-Stars, many suit-and-tie businessmen were having a beer in one of the bars. The televisions were tuned to C-Span during intermission.Patrons who don’t want hot dogs and nachos with their beer can select from a menu exclusive to the club. Fans can choose, for example, “The Schott” corned beef sandwich, “TBDBITL” turkey sandwich and Irish cream pie.The club includes two private banquet and meeting rooms. Companies can reserve the rooms in advance for fine dining or business meetings, said Justin Doyle, the marketing and promotions manager at the arena. “Although the fancy rooms, adorned in marble and wood, may draw some businesses and alumni groups, they are not trying to compete with the convention centers in the area. Our main concern is the arena and its events,” Lane said. With all The Huntington Club amenities, some ticket holders think some seats could go empty during a game.”My concern is that people will get too much into drinking… It’s so comfortable [in the club], and with the alcohol, not being able to take it [to your seat], I think there are going to be times when people will wind up spending the whole game out here instead of down in the seats cheering on the team,” Miller said.