Archie’s Alley is in its last frame as Ohio State officials say they cannot spare the fate of the only bowling lanes on campus.Archie’s Alley, a small recreational facility equipped with bowling lanes, pool tables, television and a bar on the ground floor of Drake Union, will close its doors after this weekend. The facility is named after former OSU football player and current Associate Athletic Director Archie Griffin.The final strike was delivered because of low patronage, said Rick Gardner, manager of Drake Union.”The number of people coming in was just not enough to sustain the operation,” he said. “The room will be available for student groups by reservation only.”Gardner said the operation once thrived.”There were plans to build more towers like Morrill and Lincoln but the plans changed,” he said. “Also, the legal age for drinking was 18, not 21.”The closing of Archie’s Alley has left Stacy Haberkorn, manager of Archie’s Alley, hunting for a job.”I just started working here in the beginning of the year and now I have to find a new job,” she said.Keith Skowronski, a senior majoring in mechanical engineering, also regrets the closing of Archie’s Alley.”It would have been nice if they would have let us ride it out to the end of the school year,” he said. Skowronski said football on Saturdays brought in the most business. “This place would get packed for Buckeye games,” he said. “People whose friends had tickets would come here and they always had a good time.”Michael McGuan, a senior majoring in turf grass science, said Archie’s Alley will be missed and was one of the university’s little-known secrets.”A lot of the regulars are sad to see it go,” he said. “Unfortunately, a lot of people didn’t even know it existed.”The departure of Archie’s Alley also means bowling classes are heading for the gutter.”Archie’s Alley is the only bowling lanes on campus since the lanes at the Ohio Union were closed,” Gardner said. “The cost of the upkeep of the lanes versus the money they brought in was just not enough.”Archie’s Alley will have beer specials all weekend. Archie’s will be open Friday and Saturday from noon to 1 a.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.