Ohio State senior defensive end Jalyn Holmes (11) attacks the Trojan offense in the first quarter of the 2017 Cotton Bowl against University of Southern California on Dec. 29 in AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX. Ohio State won 24-7. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

Former Ohio State defensive end Jalyn Holmes was selected in the fourth round with the 102nd pick in the 2018 NFL draft by the Minnesota Vikings.

Holmes will join former teammate Pat Elflein, who was drafted by the Vikings in the third round of the 2016 draft.

Holmes played four seasons at Ohio State, ending his tenure with 29 tackles and two sacks during his senior season. The 6-foot-5, 270 pound defensive end was a 2016 and 2017 All-Big Ten honorable mention.

In his last three seasons, Holmes played in all 40 games, consistently being a part of an Ohio State defense that finished last season with the sixth fewest rushing yards allowed per game in Division I.
Holmes also helped the Buckeyes be one of five teams in Division I to allow less than three yards per carry during last season, giving up an average of just 2.94 yards per carry.

At the NFL combine, Holmes had the sixth fastest 40-yard dash among defensive lineman at 4.82 seconds. But, he finished outside of the top 10 in both the vertical jump and bench press.

Holmes will join a Vikings unit that had the fifth-best rush defense last season, allowing 83.6 yards per game, and 37 sacks.