Ohio State women’s soccer head coach Lori Walker-Hock paces the sidelines in the second of the game against Florida Gulf Coast University on Sept. 7. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

Coming off of a 2-0 win against Illinois, the Ohio State women’s soccer team (5-4, 2-1) gained a 1-0 victory over No. 21 Northwestern (7-2-2, 1-2-1) in overtime in Evanston, Illinois, marking the team’s second consecutive win in Big Ten play thus far.

Sophomore defender Izzy Rodriguez scored the game-winning goal, her first career goal from 15 yards inside the right post, for the Buckeyes first win in overtime in 2018.

In the first 45 minutes of the game, both teams were scoreless and the Wildcats held a 9-5 edge in shots over the Buckeyes.

Northwestern recently came off of a win versus No. 20 Penn State on Thursday, but couldn’t find the momentum to come away with another victory at home in an overtime battle against Ohio State.

Northwestern totaled 11 shots and six saves, and held an 8-3 advantage over Ohio State in corner kicks.

Senior goalkeeper Devon Kerr tallied four saves for the Buckeyes in this match, along with Ohio State notching 15 shots over Northwestern.

The Buckeyes will return home to matchup against the Iowa Hawkeyes on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.