No. 17 Chase Singletary looks for the single leg takedown against Colin Lawler of North Carolina State University in the Heavyweight bout. Singletary won the match by decision, 10-4. Credit: Sal Marandino | For The Lantern

The No. 2 Ohio State wrestling team (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) will take on Indiana on the road on Friday and will host Michigan State Sunday.

The Hoosiers (3-6, 0-2 Big Ten) lost their last duel against North Dakota State 33-9, and have lost three meets in a row.

“Internally we are preaching to try to chase that perfect match no matter who’s out in front of you,” Ohio State associate head coach J Jaggers said. “We are not taking anybody lightly. We know we just want to put out a great performance every time we step out there.”

The Buckeyes are coming off a 26-10 victory against No. 4 North Carolina State on Jan. 6 while winning 7 of 10 bouts.  

Redshirt freshman and No. 17 at 285-pound heavyweight Chase Singletary said he hopes to build off his 10-4 victory against North Carolina State freshman Colin Lawler.

“I’m confident. I want to keep on rolling and keep on getting some wins and opponents are going to get tougher of course, but I just want to keep focusing on the stuff I need to work on,” Singletary said. “No one is a gimme in the Big Ten so I think that in itself keeps me focused knowing that no one is going to be an easy win.”

Michigan State (4-2, 1-0 Big Ten) suffered its first two losses of the season on Dec. 30 to Wyoming 20-13 and Kent State 18-17.  

Senior Myles Martin, who is No. 1 at the 184-pound division and 8-0 on the season, squares off against Michigan State redshirt freshman Cam Caffey, who, at No. 20, is 18-1 on the season.

Senior Te’shan Campbell said he feels he can improve on his win after a 4-1 decision against North Carolina State freshman Daniel Bullard.

“It was nice to get a win you know,” Campbell said. “I was out for about a month and a half, so I was kind of worried about my conditioning because it was kind of hard to train hard and still sit out at the same time to try to get the knee healthy, but it felt alright I did enough to get the win.”

Ohio State faces Indiana at 7 p.m. on Friday in Bloomington, Indiana, and hosts Michigan State at 2 p.m. Sunday at St. John Arena.