Ohio State then-sophomore forward Kaleb Wesson (34) takes a shot in the second half of the game against Indiana at the Big Ten tournament in Chicago on Mar. 14. Ohio State won 79-74. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Multimedia Editor

The Ohio State men’s basketball program announced Tuesday that forward Kaleb Wesson will officially return to the program for his junior season.

The 6-foot-9 Westerville, Ohio native withdrew his name from NBA Draft consideration just a day before Wednesday’s deadline for players to retain college eligibility ahead of the draft on June 20.

Wesson announced his intention to enter his name in the NBA Draft while maintaining NCAA eligibility on April 10.

“Kaleb received valuable information in this process from the NBA advisory committee and NBA teams,” Ohio State head coach Chris Holtmann said on Twitter Tuesday. “He and his family went about this process in a great way.”

Leading the Buckeyes in both scoring and rebounds this past season with 14.6 points a 6.9 boards a game this past season, Wesson was selected as an All-Big Ten honorable mention, but failed to be invited to the NBA Combine.

Wesson’s impact was felt most for the Buckeyes when he was suspended in March, which saw Ohio State drop all three games, two of which in blowout fashion.

Ohio State’s most productive statistical player this past year will return to join a group of incoming freshman in E.J. Liddell, DJ Carton, Alonozo Gaffney and Ibrahima Diallo that have garnered the Buckeyes the No. 9 recruiting class in the country.