""

Florida five-star wide receiver Carnell Tate verbally committed to Ohio State, he announced on Instagram Monday. Credit: Mackenzie Shanklin | Lantern File photo

Florida five-star wide receiver Carnell Tate verbally committed to Ohio State, he announced on Instagram Monday.

A member of IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida — a well-known sports performance and educational institution — Tate becomes the Buckeyes’ second wideout in their 2023 recruiting class in addition to four-star Bryson Rodgers from Wesley Chapel, Florida.

“First, I would like to thank God. I would not be in the position that I am without him,” Tate said on Instagram. “With that being said, I will be taking my talents to The Ohio State University.”

Tate held more than two dozen offers during his recruitment. The rising-senior narrowed his list down to four programs, including LSU, Notre Dame and Texas, Saturday.

Ohio State now has 11 commits in its 2023 recruiting class and could build on it this summer. Fellow five-star Florida wide receiver Brandon Inniss took his official visit with the Buckeyes Friday through Sunday.

Under head coach Ryan Day, Tate is now the fifth five-star wide receiver to choose the Buckeyes. Garrett Wilson chose Ohio State in 2019 while Julian Fleming and Jaxon Smith-Njigba did so during the 2020 class. Emeka Egbuka picked Ohio State during the 2021 cycle.