Then-redshirt-sophomore running back Bri'onte Dunn (25) carries the ball during the 2014 OSU Spring Game on at Ohio Stadium.  Credit: Lantern file photo

Then-redshirt-sophomore running back Bri’onte Dunn (25) carries the ball during the 2014 OSU Spring Game on at Ohio Stadium.
Credit: Lantern file photo

The dismissal of Bri’onte Dunn from the Ohio State football team has become much more clear, as today new details arose about an alleged altercation between Dunn and a woman who is thought to be his girlfriend.

Dunn, 23, was dismissed from Urban Meyer’s team on Monday for a “violation of team rules” according to the coach of the Buckeyes.

First reported by 10TV, a 911 call placed by the woman early Sunday morning outlined a series of events that ended with a protection order against Dunn and his dismissal from the team. The dialer claimed Dunn had struck her, then began to choke her when she returned some time later.

“He hit me the first time at 4:40. I left,” the caller told police. “Then I was just calling my friend and see if I could sleep somewhere and nobody answered. So I made a circle back around and came back here and he was still here. So I came upstairs and I said, ‘You need to leave before I call the cops.’ He saw that I had my phone out cause I was going to try to record it because this isn’t the first time that this has happened and that’s when he started going crazy.”

There have been no criminal charges filed against Dunn other than the protection order.
Dunn was entering his final year of eligibility with the Scarlet and Gray after graduating at the end of the 2016 Spring Semester.